1. I, as a data subject described below, hereby give my express consent and voluntarily agree that Narrowtex (hereafter named ‘Company’) may process any personal information submitted by me and/or my company.
2. Processing shall include the receipt, recording, organising, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation, and use; the dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form, or the merging, linking as well as blocking, degradation, erasing or destruction of information, as described by POPI.
3. In terms of POPI, any party whose personal information is being processed, will be referred to as ‘data subjects’.
4. This consent is effective immediately and will remain effective until such consent is withdrawn.
5. The personal information may only be processed if it is adequate, relevant and not excessive, given the purpose for which it is processed, and if processing occurs in accordance with the relevant provisions of POPI. The purpose of the processing of information must relate to the Company and/or any of its activities and falls within the scope for which the personal information was received.
6. The Company will collect and process only personal information pertaining to the proper functioning, management and governance of the Company’s activities.
7. The subjects and categories of information collected will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and will be processed for that purpose only.
8. The Company recognises that personal information may be processed in terms of POPI only if:
8.1. The data subject, or a competent person where the data subject is a minor, consents to the processing;
8.2. Processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
8.3. Processing complies with an obligation imposed by law;
8.4. Processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
8.5. Processing is necessary for the performance of a public law duty, and/or
8.6. Processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the Company.
9. A data subject has the following rights in terms of this consent:
9.1. The right to know what information is being kept, how it is being used, and when the Company will disclose it.
9.2. The right of a data subject to correct their details. The Company will attempt to keep information updated. Should any of details of a data subject change, the Company should be notified to ensure that all records are as accurate as possible.
9.3. The right to revoke consent. Data subjects may revoke the consent that has been given in terms of this form at any time. This should be done in writing and addressed to the information officer of the Company. Revoked consent is not retroactive and will not affect any past or current use of information.
9.4. All the aforesaid information is contained in the Company’s POPI policy, which is available at the Company’s information officer.
10. Consent to receive marketing information:
By agreeing to the terms of this consent form, data subject expressly consent to the processing of their information for marketing purposes. Data subject should understand that by consenting, they may receive marketing materials, relevant to the Company, in the form of SMSs, WhatsApp messages, emails, phone calls etc. from the Company.
11. I undertake to comply with the provisions of all applicable data protection legislation, including in particular the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, to the extent that such legislation relates to the provisions and obligations per the agreement between the Company and me.